POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Tree 1.1 : Re: POV-Tree 1.1 Server Time
4 Aug 2024 06:09:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Tree 1.1
From: St
Date: 8 Jul 2003 14:22:32
Message: <3f0b0be8@news.povray.org>
"Gena Obukhov" <obu### [at] mailcom> wrote in message

> If you'll face any problem with POV-Tree please let me know.

   Hi Gena, could you give a quick explanation as to how one actually
renders a mesh tree in PoV? I can get a mesh into PoV, but the scene
renders black even with a light source, etc. I tried adding a mesh
tree to one of my scenes that does render, and the tree still doesn't
show although the rest of the scene does. I have to admit that even
after downloading the previous version of PoV-Tree, I still couldn't
get a render to work before your new version. I'M going wrong
somewhere, but for the life of me, I can't figure it out.

  BTW, when I try to render a tree, I get a 'slow-down' of the render
line when it's black, (starts about a 1/3rd down and finishes about
2/3rds down the window), so I *know* something is there!  The first
invisible PoV tree??   ;)

  It's probably something simple and I can't see it.

   TIA

  ~Steve~